“The Psalter is the prayer of Christ for his church, in which he stands in for us and prays in our behalf. Now, since Christ is with the Father, it is the new humanity of Christ that prays, the body of Christ on earth that continues his prayer to the end of time. It is not the individual Christian to whom the prayer belongs–no, it belongs to the whole body of Christ. Everything expressed in the Psalter lives in the body of Christ as a whole; no individual can completely grasp all this and name it as belonging to him or her personality. This is why praying the Psalms belongs in a special way to the community. If a particular verse or psalm is not my own prayer, it is still the prayer of someone else in the Christian fellowship, just as it is surely the prayer of the truly human being Jesus Christ and his body on earth.” —Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Welcome to New Leaven, the blog of T.C. Robinson - a place where you're invited to rethink faith and culture in the light of Scripture. >Learn more
- Why Lent?
- Why I Changed My Mind about Baptism?
- Prayer for Mark Driscoll and Family
- What really happens in the Lord’s Supper
- To Honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
- Don’t blame Martin Luther King Jr!
- The Experience of the Lord’s Supper by John Frame
- The Songs of Jesus: A Year of Daily Devotions in the Psalms by Tim Keller
- On the Incarnation: Merry Christmas
- Christmas Makes Me Cry
TC Robinson on Why Lent? humanity777 on Why Lent? TC Robinson on Why Lent? humanity777 on Why Lent? Colin on Why I Changed My Mind about… TC Robinson on Why I Changed My Mind about… Jon Hughes on Why I Changed My Mind about… Jon Hughes on Why I Changed My Mind about… TC Robinson on Why I Changed My Mind about… TC Robinson on Why I Changed My Mind about…
TC’s TweetsMy Tweets
- Apocalypse Baptism Baptists Bibles Bible Translations Biblical Greek Biblical Studies Book Reviews Calvinism Christianity Christology Church Church History Complementarian Cultural Issues Eschatology ESV God Gordon Fee Heaven Hell Holy Spirit Jesus John Calvin John MacArthur John Piper Kingdom Lord's Supper Mark Driscoll Martin Luther Michael F. Bird Miscellanies New Testament Studies NIV Bible 2011 NT Wright Old Testament Studies Pastoral Pastoral Ministry Pauline Prayer Preaching Quote of the Day Racism Reading Scripture Rob Bell Salvation Theology TNIV Women in Ministry Worship
Comment PolicyI reserve the right to delete comments that are snarky, offensive, or off-topic. For more on comment policy see here. Thank you.
New Leaven by T.C. Robinson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Follow New Leaven on WordPress.com