“The Psalter is the prayer of Christ for his church, in which he stands in for us and prays in our behalf. Now, since Christ is with the Father, it is the new humanity of Christ that prays, the body of Christ on earth that continues his prayer to the end of time. It is not the individual Christian to whom the prayer belongs–no, it belongs to the whole body of Christ. Everything expressed in the Psalter lives in the body of Christ as a whole; no individual can completely grasp all this and name it as belonging to him or her personality. This is why praying the Psalms belongs in a special way to the community. If a particular verse or psalm is not my own prayer, it is still the prayer of someone else in the Christian fellowship, just as it is surely the prayer of the truly human being Jesus Christ and his body on earth.” —Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Welcome to New Leaven, the blog of T.C. Robinson - a place where you're invited to rethink faith and culture in the light of Scripture. >Learn more
- Work as Worship
- Christ is the Hermeneutical Key
- Quote of the Day: Bertrand Russell
- Pope Francis: The Tweetable Pope
- Tim Keller defines Expository Preaching
- N.T. Wright’s Problem with the Ancient Creeds
- What’s New About the New Covenant?
- Reviewing “The Prince” by Niccolo Machiavelli
- Charles Finney on Praying Together
- Our Tithes and Offerings: Where are they going?
Jon Hughes on Work as Worship NorrinRadd on Rethinking “The Great Tr… NorrinRadd on Rethinking “The Great Tr… TC Robinson on Quote of the Day: Bertrand… Jon Hughes on Quote of the Day: Bertrand… TC Robinson on Quote of the Day: Bertrand… Jon Hughes on Quote of the Day: Bertrand… TC Robinson on N.T. Wright’s Problem wi… Tony on N.T. Wright’s Problem wi… Colin on N.T. Wright’s Problem wi…
TC’s TweetsMy Tweets
- Apocalypse Baptism Baptists Bibles Bible Translations Biblical Greek Biblical Studies Book Reviews Calvinism Christianity Christology Church Church History Complementarian Cultural Issues Eschatology ESV God Gordon Fee Heaven Hell Holy Spirit Jesus John Calvin John MacArthur John Piper Kingdom Lord's Supper Mark Driscoll Martin Luther Michael F. Bird Miscellanies New Testament Studies NIV Bible 2011 NT Wright Old Testament Studies Pastoral Pastoral Ministry Pauline Prayer Preaching Quote of the Day Racism Reading Scripture Rob Bell Salvation Theology TNIV Women in Ministry Worship
Comment PolicyI reserve the right to delete comments that are snarky, offensive, or off-topic. For more on comment policy see here. Thank you.
New Leaven by T.C. Robinson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Follow New Leaven on WordPress.com