“The Psalter is the prayer of Christ for his church, in which he stands in for us and prays in our behalf. Now, since Christ is with the Father, it is the new humanity of Christ that prays, the body of Christ on earth that continues his prayer to the end of time. It is not the individual Christian to whom the prayer belongs–no, it belongs to the whole body of Christ. Everything expressed in the Psalter lives in the body of Christ as a whole; no individual can completely grasp all this and name it as belonging to him or her personality. This is why praying the Psalms belongs in a special way to the community. If a particular verse or psalm is not my own prayer, it is still the prayer of someone else in the Christian fellowship, just as it is surely the prayer of the truly human being Jesus Christ and his body on earth.” —Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Welcome to New Leaven, the blog of T.C. Robinson. > Learn more
- Rejecting Silence in the Face of Injustice
- On Worship and the Sacraments
- How should Sunday be spent?
- Rachel Held Evans Returns to Church
- When is your Church’s Liturgy not Enough?
- Rob Bell on the Resurrection
- An Easter Reflection
- Baptists and Holy Week
- We used Wine
- N.T. Wright on the Design of the Four Gospels
TC’s TweetsMy Tweets
- Al Mohler Baptism Baptist Baptists Bibles Bible Translations Book of Common Prayer Brennan Manning C.S. Lewis Calvinism CEB Charles Haddon Spurgeon Christianity Today Christmas Common English Bible Communion Complementarian D.A. Carson Dispensationalism Douglas Moo Easter Egalitarian Eschatology ESV Gordon Fee Greek Greg Boyd HCSB Heaven Hell Holman Christian Standard Bible Holy Spirit Homosexuality Infant Baptism J.I. Packer James D.G. Dunn John Calvin John Eldredge John MacArthur John Piper Jonathan Edwards Justification Kevin Deyoung Kingdom Kingdom of God Leadership Lord's Supper Lord's Table Love Wins Mark Driscoll Martin Luther Martin Luther King Jr. Michael F. Bird Michael S. Horton N.T. Wright NIV NLT NRSV NT Wright Open Theism Prayer Preaching Quote of the Day Racism RC Sproul Rick Warren Rob Bell Scot McKnight Tim Keller TNIV Trinity Twitter Wayne Grudem Women in Ministry Worship
New Leaven by T.C. Robinson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Comment PolicyI reserve the right to delete comments that are snarky, offensive, or off-topic. For more on comment policy see here. Thank you.
- Follow New Leaven on WordPress.com